Shillong, October 27, 2016: A delegation from the Royal Thai Embassy in Delhi, Consulate General of Thailand in Mumbai and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Thailand led by Chalit Manityakul, Ambassador of Thailand to India made a visit to Don Bosco Museum in Mawlai today.
The delegates also visited the Otto Hopfenmueller Library, adjacent to the museum.
They were part of an advanced survey team to prepare for a visit by the Princess of Thailand Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn who will be visiting Shillong for three days next month.
Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn will pay an official visit to India from November 20-25, 2016 to receive the first “World Sanskrit Award” at the invitation of the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR). Apart from Meghalaya, the Thai Princess will also visit Assam and Madhya Pradesh.
- The Shillong Times – Thai delegation in city (28th October, 2016)
- Meghalaya Guardian – Thai Princess to visit City in November (Frontpage, 28th October, 2016)
- Assam Tribune – Thai Embassy delegates visit Shillong
- The North East Times – Thai princess to visit city in Nov (p. 3, 28th October, 2016)
- Eastern Mirror Nagaland – Royal Thai Embassy delegates visit Don Bosco Museum (28th October, 2016)
- The North East Today – Royal Thai Embassy delegates visit Don Bosco Museum in Shillong (28th October, 2016)
- E-Pao – Royal Thai Embassy delegates visit Don Bosco Museum
- Oh! Meghalaya – Thai team visits museum (28th October, 2016)
- Highland Post – Thai officials survey Mawlai museum (Frontpage, 28th October, 2016)
- U Peitngor – Wan jngoh ka Khun Syiem Thailand ia ka Nongbah Shillong (Frontpage, 28th October, 2016)
- Kynjatshai – Leit jngoh ka kynhun na Thailand ia ka Don Bosco Museum ha Mawlai (Frontpage, 28th October, 2016)